- Read the selection with the student a few times.
- Then read it line by line and have the student write it down as you read.
- After they have finished, let them correct their work using their book. They can make the corrections on the same page or you can have them rewrite only the areas that need correcting.
- Go over and explain the corrections.
- You can also have the student copy the selection instead of dictating it depending on their abilities.
- The next day, they then can write it from dictation.
- Continue as above with corrections.